Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Sausage and Kale soup

Sausage and kale soup

Today my friends came over and I made a quick soup for dinner. One of my favorites soups, sausage and kale. I am able to make this deliciously and easy soup fairly inexpensively. I find sausage in the grocery store on sale. I often buy sausage that says use today or freeze, you can get some really good deals. The soup cost about $15.00 for everything and I was able to serve 4 people plus one quart and half left over.

2- 4 pounds of Italian sausage hot- chicken or pork

3- 4 celery stalks- cut into small pieces

3-4 carrots cut into small pieces

1 med onion diced

3 garlic cloves- minced

1 tb. thyme

2 tsp. Pepper flakes- less if you are using hot sausage

12 cups of chicken stock

1 tsp. black pepper

3-4 small potato or 1 large potato

I bunch a kale

Cut the sausage in to bite size pieces and brown, take out of pan and set aside. Dice all you vegetables and set aside. Cook the onions in the same pot that you cooked the sausage pot using the drippings. If you are using a chicken sausage you may have to add some olive oil. Add the garlic, then celery and carrots and cook for about 5-7 mins. Add thyme and red pepper flakes. Add chicken stock and sausage. Last five minutes throw in potatoes and kale.

No comments:

Post a Comment