Sunday, May 6, 2012

Missing in Action... I am back


I am so long overdue for a posting. Life has been busy plus I have been dealing with a three week old cold that seems to be taking all my energy. Although I do believe the cold is my fault, if I would of slowed down and took better care of myself- I feel I would of never caught this cold. Oh yes, by the way I caught the cold from my boss and I am sure there was a bit of karma there as well, every time when he comes back from visiting his grandkids he always gets sick and well I laughed- when I saw him sick on the first day back from his vacation. So you see any way I look at this cold- it is my fault. So hopefully I will learn a lesson from this… but I doubt it- I am pretty hardheaded. At any rate—spring is in the air and it is the start of the outdoor growing season. So many great things to do, feel, eat and see! April is really a good time to start your cold weather crops. I did buy a few things to plant in the garden in April like phlox, pansies, and a flat of perennials, lettuce and onions. I have planted almost everything I bought so for far.  
I went to the whole sale place where I buy all our plants for the Food Bank a few weeks ago- everything was just beautiful. Flowers and plants everywhere and it just puts you in a great mood. Nurseries in general are such fun places to be. Ok, so maybe I didn’t plant almost everything I bought because I keep going to nurseries and buying more, I forgot about the nasturtium I just bought yesterday. This is such an exciting time of year.

No comments:

Post a Comment