Friday, November 11, 2011

Earl's Diner

Earl's diner is a great place to find homemade pies, it is located on Rt.16 in a town called Chaffee about an hour outside of Buffalo. Take the 400 to the end, which will take you to Rt. 16. The first time there was about 8 years ago when I had my nephews in town from NYC, it was our half way place on the way to Rushford Lake. Earl's is a very different place where you drink out of canning jars and the tables are cowboy legs. Its a very county friendly place. I love their chicken wings... a wing with a nice breaded coating dipped in Franks Hot sauce and butter. It is our meeting place for the girls I use to work with at Head Start , once again a half way point.
When I go there on weekends in the fall , we often have to wait for a table. Earl's has also been on the Food Networks Diner and Dives. The last time I was there was in October and I went twice in one week. I went on a Monday to meet a friend and had some Chicken wings and then I went on the following Saturday and had the best ever coconut cream pie. I am not really a person who orders out pies, I am often disappointed because I know my mom and I often make pies taste better. I really need to try to duplicate this pie. I crust was just ok, but the cream and the topping was very good.


































No comments:

Post a Comment