Friday, November 4, 2011

Pumpkin and Chicken Farm















The weekend before Halloween my friend and I go to the town of Concord to pick out pumpkins, buy maple syrup, chicken pot pies and wing dust. This is a great fall ride down the 219 looking at all the trees turning. We have been buying our pumpkins from Wendel's Chicken Farm for the last 6 years. I met the owner of the Farm when I served as a board member on the Cornell Cooperative Extension of Erie County, Marty Wendel served in the board with me for three years and then he continued to serve as the board president for the next three years. Not only is Marty a good board member he runs a great chicken farm and pumpkin patch. On weekends during the summer and fall you can buy chicken dinner and eat them there or take they home. The dinners are very good. What my friend and I love are the chicken pot pies. They are frozen and cost $4.00 and they are the whole meal. Marty always tell me that its a complete meal with the pot pie and a salad, but let me tell you the pot pie is about all you can eat, sometimes I have to the left overs in the fridge for another day. Its a great bargain a full meal for $4.00 and they are made locally. Marty is working on getting the pot pies in the stores, he mention the Lexington Co-op as being one of the store that will carry them. As for the wing dust, I really have no idea what it is, I guess it is some seasoning but my friend always buys it when we are there... After we go to the farm we stop at Earl's - its part of the tradition... So guess what Earls is going to be the next post.

1 comment:

  1. the pics look great, and i love chicken pot pies. the next time i see u i have to make my homemade version for u its wonderful...

    ReplyDelete