Thursday, October 27, 2011

Harvest Party of the Food Bank Garden

Its hard when you do not post events right away... I kind of lose my passion when I have to recall. I have been part of the garden project at the food bank for about 8 or so years. I remember being at a meeting and this two people Corrine from the State Health Department and Theresa from the food bank kept talking about the garden at the food bank....I didn't bite... Then year two- they kept talking about it... so I brought it to my book club at the time and we decided to adopt a bed, then we got there and adopted another bed.... and that is where it all started...... So last Wednesday we had our end of the garden year party. It was a good year.... lots of work, fun and friendships... We are out there every Saturday from 8:30 AM- 10:30 AM. I have to be honest I love have my Saturdays back... but like I fool I have not been sleeping in- I have been spending my time at the Farmers market....So the party was pretty good- it was pot luck and everyone make some really great food. We did a garlic butter demo.

Garlic butter
1 stick of butter at room temp.
1 garlic clove minced
2 heaping teaspoons of fresh parsley cut up in small pieces

Mixed together
This can be used on seafood, potatoes, popcorn

No comments:

Post a Comment